• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Installation error

G

gmullier

Hello
I have not been able to install Plesk 9.0 under CENTOS 5.2.
I am following the installation guidelines, but receives the following error at the third step, when launching the installer:

./parallels_installer_v3.4.0_build081115.22_os_CentOS_5_i386: error while loading shared libraries: librpmio-4.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have located the file librpmio-4.4.so file on my Hard drive and suppose that it is not in the directory where the oinstaller is expecting to find it.

Did anyone have the error? Could it be due to the fact that Plesk is not yet supported on this new Centos Release?

Thank you.

That OS are you running? 64bit or 32bit?

In which path did you find librpmio-4.4.so?

post here output of

cat /etc/issue

cat /etc/*release*

uname -a

ldd /path/to/parallels_installer_v3.4.0_build081115.22_os_CentO S_5_i386

Thanks for reply
I thought i was running a 32 bits version, but as a result oy your command, I realize that I installed a_64 bit version
:-(
So obviously, it is not working...

Now I understand why the librpmio-4.4.so is located in lib64.

Output:
[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/issue
CentOS release 5.2 (Final)
Kernel \r on an \m

[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/*release*
cat: /etc/lsb-release.d: Is a directory
CentOS release 5.2 (Final)

[root@localhost ~]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 #1 SMP Tue Dec 16 11:57:43 EST 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

/path/to/parallels_installer_v3.4.0_build081115.22_os_CentO:
ldd: /path/to/parallels_installer_v3.4.0_build081115.22_os_CentO: No such file or directory
S_5_i386:
ldd: ./S_5_i386: No such file or directory

Thank you for your help, such a stupid mistake...

Back