• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installation of an application from vault uses external IP for db server

fogoss

New Pleskian
Hello,

Before Plesk 11.5 latest version for Linux, the application installation script for a vault application will use the localhost (loopback) to connect to the default MySQL server running on same machine. SInce the upgrade, I noticed that the installation scripts for example for Joomlav3 it tries to use the external IP f.i.:

Dabase Server: PrimaryexternalIP:3306

This task fails on most of my servers because I block incoming traffic on port 3306 and only allow internal traffic to it :

Installation of joomla
Error: Installation of joomla at http://XXXXXXXXX.com/joomla failed. Non-zero exit status returned by script. Output stream: 'PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogXMkqyJ.zip6e2a1267-4f0d-18/cache/scripts/db-util.php on line 66 '. Error stream: 'PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogXMkqyJ.zip6e2a1267-4f0d-18/cache/scripts/db-util.php on line 66 '

How do I modify the application vault installers -- not only for Joomla -- so the install script uses the 127.0.0.1 (localhost) IP for installation?

Note:

Centos 6.4 64bit
Plesk version 11.5.29 Update #3, last updated at June 17, 2013 08:10 PM

Thanks

Look at in psa database:

select * from misc where param='aps_host';

Hey Igor,

Thanks for the quick response! ... here's the output:

Output from SQL command select * from misc where param='aps_host'; ..

param val
aps_host localhost

It already points to localhost . Also, altough this other check was perhaps obviuos I went ahead and tested resolution of 'localhost' in case I had an issue at /etc/hosts :

[root@XXXXXX ~]# ping localhost
PING localhost (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.036 ms

Thanks

I have submitted request to developers regarding this issue (#1669487 for your reference). I will update thread with results of investigation as soon as I receive them.
Thanks for reporting.

Also please send me autoinstaller logs with records about upgrade to 11.5 from /tmp to PM. Thanks.

It's really bug (#138078 for your reference). Thank you for reporting. We will fix it in the one of nearest update.

Thanks Igor... figured it probably was.. since it's not overly critical i wont call your comrades in Novosibirsk to tweak my server.

Last edited:
Thanks Igor,

11.5.30 Update #1 does not seem to include a fix for this issue. Hoping the next update will -- Thanks again!

I'm on update #3 and this is still the error:

Error: Installation of osTicket at http://intelliwebhosting.com/osticket failed. Non-zero exit status returned by script. Output stream: 'PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogZktuJK.zipc08c16b6-2936-45/cache/scripts/db-util.php on line 66 '. Error stream: 'PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogZktuJK.zipc08c16b6-2936-45/cache/scripts/db-util.php on line 66 '

Hello,

This has been fixed on 11.5.30 Update #4 I believe. I'm running now 11.5.30 Update #6 and I'm happy again.. Thanks again Igor!

Back