• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Installer caught in a loop

swanzey

New Pleskian
I am on Plesk onyx 17.8.11 windows 2016. Tried to update to 18 and install failed. Everything works but when trying to upgrade again the installer is stuck in a loop and all it says is "Plesk Installer was updated." and never goes any further. Tried repair etc and nothing worked.

Hos can i reset installer?

Please check folder C:\parallelsinstaller\ and delete all existing files plesk_installer*.exe if there are any. Probably something is stucked in cache.

Please check folder C:\parallelsinstaller\ and delete all existing files plesk_installer*.exe if there are any. Probably something is stucked in cache.

I’m having the same issue, stuck in the same loop. It spawns an ever-increasing number of plesk installation processes as well (though killing one seems to kill them all), but never gets beyond telling me that the Plesk installer was updated.

I have no files named plesk_installer*.exe in C:\ParallelsInstaller\ at all. There are a whole bunch of files named parallels_installer_Microsoft_*.exe, though – should I delete those? There’s also an autoinstaller3.log file which is about 170 MB in size, which seems excessive for a log file?

Last edited:
Back