• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing/Allowing use of PHP PEAR packages?

codecraft

New Pleskian
Hello,

Can anyone point me to a set of instructions for configuring a server using Plesk 10 / Linux to allow hosted websites to use PEAR packages?

Currently, PHP (5.3.3 on my server) appears to be configured using the --without-pear option, and even though Pear is present, using it throws up a lot of errors to do with deprecated functions and won't install anything anyway....

Thanks
Chris

Do you mean php-pear? There are nothing should be done to allow pear functions, they are available wide, as well as no special 'enabling' is needed for php-mysql, php-imap or similar..

The only thing you may need to do is to add path to pear files (like /usr/lib/php/pear) into list of paths allowed for domain. It is done with PHP open_basedir variable, please see http://kb.parallels.com/en/432 for examples.

Well, usr/lib/php/pear doesn't exist...

I found the files in /usr/share/pear - though I don't know if this is the right one.

Normally, if you need to add a package - you do 'pear install Mail' , or get a list of options just with the command 'pear' - the commands run, but throw up a whole bunch of errors where I guess it isn't compatible with PHP5 (but I know that PEAR is as I'm using on my local machine w/windows - so this must be an out of date copy?)

Using the 'pear install' command again results in a bunch of errors and doesn't get any of the pacakges.

Back