1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Installing/Allowing use of PHP PEAR packages?

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by codecraft, Jul 26, 2012.

1. codecraft

codecraft New Pleskian

Hello,

Can anyone point me to a set of instructions for configuring a server using Plesk 10 / Linux to allow hosted websites to use PEAR packages?

Currently, PHP (5.3.3 on my server) appears to be configured using the --without-pear option, and even though Pear is present, using it throws up a lot of errors to do with deprecated functions and won't install anything anyway....

Thanks
    Chris

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Do you mean php-pear? There are nothing should be done to allow pear functions, they are available wide, as well as no special 'enabling' is needed for php-mysql, php-imap or similar..

The only thing you may need to do is to add path to pear files (like /usr/lib/php/pear) into list of paths allowed for domain. It is done with PHP open_basedir variable, please see http://kb.parallels.com/en/432 for examples.

3. codecraft

codecraft New Pleskian

Well, usr/lib/php/pear doesn't exist...

I found the files in /usr/share/pear - though I don't know if this is the right one.

Normally, if you need to add a package - you do 'pear install Mail' , or get a list of options just with the command 'pear' - the commands run, but throw up a whole bunch of errors where I guess it isn't compatible with PHP5 (but I know that PEAR is as I'm using on my local machine w/windows - so this must be an out of date copy?)

Using the 'pear install' command again results in a bunch of errors and doesn't get any of the pacakges.