• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

installing ColdFusion as a Mult-instanced Server with Plesk

E

eapostol

Hi everyone -

My first post, looking forward to assisting and being assisted by others.

My company recently acquired the Windows license for Plesk, and it is up to me to install it. I am setting it up on a Windows 2003 Server ,web edition OS.

First of all, is there any considerations to note with Plesk and this OS? I noted that the native IIS Control Panel runs slightly differently than the Enterprise Edition of 2003 or previous versions of Windows Server OS.

Secondly, in the past with server setups that I have performed, I have installed ColdFusion MX Server 6.1 as a multi-instanced Jrun Server. This means that I can deploy multiple instances of ColdFusion say, on an Apache Server and an IIS Server on the same system, but each have their own settings and configurations. Is this setup compatible with Plesk? I noted that in the Plesk installation manual it reads:

If you intend to use ColdFusion support with Plesk, ColdFusion should be installed on the server with Default Web Site chosen on the Web Server Selection step of installation. Otherwise, if you choose All IIS Websites, ColdFusion support will always be activated for all domains with enabled Physical hosting, regardless of the corresponding checkbox status.

The concept for this setup can be found at

Setting up ColdFusion instances

Will this setup impact Plesk? Anyone have any experience with this? I noted in the article that it too chooses default web site as the choice to make during the installation process. Any feedback is appreciated.

Back