• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Installing WordPress Application issues

B

bizwizkid

I have a new CentOS server with Plesk 10.4.4 and used their automatic installation of the WordPress 3.3.1-4. Two sites are working all spiffy and one has me in the twilight zone (can't for the life of me determine issue).

Now I can't login to the administrative page. When i do enter the correct username and password (which I've reset a number of times using the MD5 encryption in my phpMyAdmin as well as clear my chrome and IE browser cache's several times) and get no luck.

I used the emergency password reset script (http://codex.wordpress.org/User:MichaelH/Orphaned_Plugins_needing_Adoption/Emergency) which did not work either.

I also tried adding the code snippet to overwrite the existing password (found in the WP Codex/Forums) that is placed near the top of the functions.php file but, that didn't work either.

When I enter my login/pass they both just disappear, the page doesn't reload etc. Just poof :)

I've also reset my login/password in my Plesk panel as well as a full uninstall (deleting the DB and all files) and reinstall.

I also tried a 'lost password' email function and get the same result - info disappears, page doesn't appear to reload and no email received (nor in spam folder).

I'm at a loss. Hopefully I stumped you too (don't get this chance often :p. BTW, I can see my site just fine and would rather not put in my URL so I don't attract any unwanted friends :/

Back