• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Installing Wordpress on server without domain into a subfolder

ocean1989

New Pleskian
I am quite new to server configurations and have a pretty basic question, I think.

I just ordered a virtual server at IONOS for creating a special web project. For this project it is necessary to install Wordpress on this server, but it is not possible to transfer the Domain to IONOS. This means I have to install Wordpress without having a Domain saved in Plesk Obsidian, so I am not able to use the Wordpress Tools in Plesk.

For this reason I have to install Wordpress manually. To keep the server structured, I would like to install Wordpress in a subfolder.

Unfortunately I am not able to access the subfolder via browser to start the installation process.

If I try to open the Server IP I will see the plesk standard page Web Server's Default Page but i am not able to navigate to the index.html in the test folder:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-28 um 09.56.43.png

Is there any way to open this subfolder via the web browser to install Wordpress or is this not possible?

Thanks for your help!

Back