• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Installing Wordpress on server without domain into a subfolder

ocean1989

New Pleskian
I am quite new to server configurations and have a pretty basic question, I think.

I just ordered a virtual server at IONOS for creating a special web project. For this project it is necessary to install Wordpress on this server, but it is not possible to transfer the Domain to IONOS. This means I have to install Wordpress without having a Domain saved in Plesk Obsidian, so I am not able to use the Wordpress Tools in Plesk.

For this reason I have to install Wordpress manually. To keep the server structured, I would like to install Wordpress in a subfolder.

Unfortunately I am not able to access the subfolder via browser to start the installation process.

If I try to open the Server IP I will see the plesk standard page Web Server's Default Page but i am not able to navigate to the index.html in the test folder:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-28 um 09.56.43.png

Is there any way to open this subfolder via the web browser to install Wordpress or is this not possible?

Thanks for your help!

Back