• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Intermittent unable to start SQL services

J

joewu

Hi,

We have Plesk 7.5. At plesk control panel, there are 3 SQL services, i.e. MSSQLServer, MySQLServer and Plesk SQL Server.

For other backup purposes, we need to restart the plesk server every night. Somehow, we encounter an intermittent problem with SQL services, where some of them failed to start. It happen to all SQL services, but it does not happen at the same time. This problem happens at least once a month.

As for the time being, we just need to check it manually and restart those service manually through plesk services monitoring tools.

Here are the error log:
a. MSSQLServer exception log file contains "03/17/05 02:03:56 spid 0 Exception 0x400042ac PRINTSTACK at 0x77E649D3"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

b. Plesk SQL error log contains as follow:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\bin\mysqld-nt.exe: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ib9' (Errcode: 17)
050505 2:08:20 InnoDB: Error: unable to create temporary file; errno: 17
050505 2:08:21 [ERROR] Can't init databases
050505 2:08:21 [ERROR] Aborting

050505 2:08:23 [Note] C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\bin\mysqld-nt.exe: Shutdown complete
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

c. MYSQL error log contains as follow:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\bin\mysqld-nt.exe: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ib14' (Errcode: 17)
050504 2:08:31 InnoDB: Error: unable to create temporary file; errno: 17
050504 2:08:31InnoDB: Assertion failure in thread 1780 in file C:\cygwin\home\mysqldev\build\mysql-4.1.8-build\mysql-4.1.8\innobase\dict\dict0dict.c line 713
InnoDB: Failing assertion: dict_foreign_err_file
InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
InnoDB: Submit a detailed bug report to http://bugs.mysql.com.
InnoDB: If you get repeated assertion failures or crashes, even
InnoDB: immediately after the mysqld startup, there may be
InnoDB: corruption in the InnoDB tablespace. Please refer to
InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Forcing_recovery.html
InnoDB: about forcing recovery.
050504 2:08:31 [ERROR] C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\bin\mysqld-nt.exe: Got signal 11. Aborting!

050504 2:08:31 [ERROR] Aborting

050504 2:08:31 [Note] C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\bin\mysqld-nt.exe: Shutdown complete

Have anyone experience this problem before?
Any fix available from plesk?

Much appreciated if any of the plesk support could response to this.

TIA

I suppose that the reason of the probel is not Plesk...

As for mssql - the best way is to reinstall it.
As for mysql looks like there is no enough permissions on C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\
Make usre that you have administrators, system , spaserv, spacln and netwroks servic full control there.

Hi Botsman,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I did install another fresh copy of plesk 7.5 on another server, but the same problem is happening.

Well, I am not too sure whether it is something to do with plesk or no, but one thing I know for sure is plesk is the one providing this hosting integration.

I'll check for the permission to see whether those are exists. Fyi, we have not change any permission manually and it all done through plesk control panel.

Will let you know the result.

Hi botsman,

I have check and so far only only administrator and system have full permission. The rest are read and execute permission.

Will try your suggestion.

TIA

Also make sure that root of c: disk has special permissions for Everyone (for this folder only).

As far as I remember there should be : read, execute, read attributes, read ext attributes and read permissions.

I've experienced this problem a couple of times as well.

Make usre that you have administrators, system , spaserv, spacln and netwroks servic full control there.

Just did this change in permissions, I will keep you posted if the problem got solved, it will take some time though, i dont restart my server much.

Anybody found 100% tested solution?

It could be multiple instances of MySQL try to create the same temp file

I got the same issue today and I think it is something to do with mutiple instances of MySQL coincidentally try to create the same temp file on C:\Windows\Temp folder.

Back