• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Internal error: filemng failed, permission denied

T

Tobias Stein

Hi,

recently we had to rollback the Plesk database and Plesk version files to their pre-upgrade state, and rerun the upgrade procedure as it is described in the knowledge base (http://kb.odin.com/en/124787). The update process then worked smoothly and we are now using the newest version 12.0.18 on CentOS 6 with the newest microupdates 1200150615.10.

But right after this update procedure we are not able to access some domains with the filemanager anymore. The browser shows the following error message:

Internal error: filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied System error 13: Permission denied
Message filemng: opendir failed: Permission denied System error 13: Permission denied
File Agent.php
Line 243
Type PleskUtilExceptio

The logfile: /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log is a bit more detailed
[25-Jun-2015 02:15:57 Europe/Berlin] PleskUtilException: filemng failed: filemng: stat failed: Permission denied

System error 13: Permission denied
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php
line: 243
code: 0
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Filesystem/Plesk/Unix.php(327): Service_Agent->execAndGetResponse('filemng', Array, NULL, Array)
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Driver/Filesystem/Plesk/Unix.php(31): Service_Driver_Filesystem_Plesk_Unix->_execAndGetResponse(Array)
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/FileManager.php(224): Service_Driver_Filesystem_Plesk_Unix->ls('akmweb', '/var/www/vhosts...', 'dirs', 'blocks', true)
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/FileManager.php(210): FileManager->ls_wrapper('dirs', '/var/www/vhosts...', true)
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/application/smb/controllers/FileManagerController.php(929): FileManager->ls_dirs_wrapper('/var/www/vhosts...', true)
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/application/smb/controllers/FileManagerController.php(394): Smb_FileManagerController->_getDirectoriesTree('/')
#6 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Smb_FileManagerController->listAction()
#7 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('listAction')
#8 /usr/local/psa/admin/externals/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#9 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Application/Web.php(38): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch(NULL)
#10 /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/application.php(15): Plesk\Application_Web->run()
#11 {main}
[2015-06-25 02:15:59] ERR [panel] PleskUtilException: filemng failed: filemng: stat failed: Permission denied

System error 13: Permission denied

file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php
line: 243
code: 0

What I did so far was the following:
1.) I checked out the knowledge base, specifically this entry was worth looking at. But /usr/local/psa/bin/repair --restore-vhosts-permissions didn't solve the problem.
2.) I found a similar problem in the discussion board but the approaches they took weren't successful in my case.

Due to the fact that the file manager worked before the rollback of the database and the major upgrade, I think there might be a connection.
From my point of view the permission settings should be right. Other domains using exactly the same permissions and they are working fine.

# ll /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/
total 20K
drwxr-x--- 2 root psaserv 4,0K 24. Jun 02:13 conf
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4,0K 8. Jan 2014 etc
drwx------ 2 psaadm root 4,0K 24. Jun 03:43 logs
drwx--x--- 2 root psaserv 4,0K 24. Jun 02:13 pd
dr-xr-x--- 6 root psaserv 4,0K 8. Jan 2014 statistics

# ll /var/www/vhosts/
total 40K
drwx--x--- 16 sysuser psaserv 4,0K 24. Jun 02:13 domain.com

# ll /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/
total 56K
drwxr-xr-x 2 sysuser psaserv 4,0K 8. Jan 2014 error_docs
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4,0K 27. Feb 20:31 etc
drwxr-x--- 29 sysuser psaserv 12K 19. Jun 00:23 httpdocs
drwx------ 3 sysuser root 4,0K 24. Jun 03:31 logs

I'm thankful for any hints or comments that might solve this problem.

Kind regards,
Tobias

I can assume that there are some database inconsistency now. Therefore I suggest you contact Odin Support team for deep investigation and fixing this issue directly on your server.

Back