• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved IP-A Firewall allow IP address and deny all IP.

Hajime Tanaka

Regular Pleskian
As I have knowledge from CSF plugin installed on WHM/cPanel, Firewall Allow & Deny IP list easy to setup.

But I found it Plesk Onyx Web Pro Edition > Tools & Settings > IP Access Restriction Management.

"127.0.0.1, 127.0.0.1" If possible more IP Address allowed firewall access to Plesk Panel and deny all IP address won't access?

Is it my friend and only me two IP address needed to add Firewall IP allow and deny all IP?

But I've installed a plugin "Firewall rule" from Plesk.

The "IP Access Restriction" does not refer to websites and services on the host, but to the administrative Plesk access. When you limit access to only two IPs, only these two IPs can access Plesk, but everyone can still access websites and other services on the system.

The "Firewall" is a different thing. The firewall blocks ports on the host. It does not block specific IP addresses.

The "IP Access Restriction" does not refer to websites and services on the host, but to the administrative Plesk access. When you limit access to only two IPs, only these two IPs can access Plesk, but everyone can still access websites and other services on the system.

The "Firewall" is a different thing. The firewall blocks ports on the host. It does not block specific IP addresses.
Thanks for the info.

Which I pick "Allowed, excluding the networks in the list" or "Denied from networks that are not listed" from my friend and my IP two only allowed on SSH and Plesk Panel. And IP Everyone won't access SSH & Plesk panel?

But I haven't enabled yet. I've added my IP address and friend IP from IP Access Restriction Management.

If you only want to allow two IP addresses and no other IP addresses to be able to access your Plesk admin interface, you need to pick "Denied from networks that are not listed" and add your two IP addresses to the list of IP addresses.

This will only affect the Plesk panel access. It will not affect SSH. For SSH control, you will need to either create an individual iptables entry or add these entries to your /etc/hosts.allow file:
Code:
sshd : localhost : allow
sshd : 127.0.0. : allow
sshd : <your first IP address here> : allow
sshd : <your second IP address here> : allow
sshd : ALL : deny
# service sshd restart

Make sure that your IP addresses are not dynamic addresses, but static. Else you will yourself lockout from your server once the IP address changes.

If you only want to allow two IP addresses and no other IP addresses to be able to access your Pl :0esk admin interface, you need to pick "Denied from networks that are not listed" and add your two IP addresses to the list of IP addresses.

This will only affect the Plesk panel access. It will not affect SSH. For SSH control, you will need to either create an individual iptables entry or add these entries to your /etc/hosts.allow file:
Code:
sshd : localhost : allow
sshd : 127.0.0. : allow
sshd : <your first IP address here> : allow
sshd : <your second IP address here> : allow
sshd : ALL : deny
# service sshd restart

Make sure that your IP addresses are not dynamic addresses, but static. Else you will yourself lockout from your server once the IP address changes.
Thanks for the knowledge!

I'm not home right now, I'm at school for 4 clocks then get out home. I will take look this test. If was works then I will put your "replied for best answer". :)

EDIT: It's working on Plesk panel allowed IP, But doesn't work on SSH firewall. I restarted SSH service already.

But possible also Firewall for Pure-FTPD?

Last edited:
Back