• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IP address binding to default domain name

T

turf

Hi,
I'm a newbie. I've just added my default domain name, but when i navigate on my internet navigator my ip address is still visible instead of my default domain name. Excuse me if i'm not making sense, it's not really my field; i was informed that it's about IP address binding to a domain name. Is this how i go about having my domain name visible on my navigator address bar, and how do i do this from Plesk?

I would really appreciate some please.

Hi, Im sorry but I dont really understand the question or the issue. Could you please try and clarify what you are trying to do and what your results are? You can also post some screen shots if that is easier with some comments.

Hi, I'm sorry if i'm not making myself clear.
Please find attached image (ipaddress.png) to explain. Hope this makes sense; I basically want to know how i can have my domain name visible instead of my ip address in my navigator bar. For the moment i can't see where i can do this in my DNS settings in Plesk.
Best regards

Attachments

• ipaddress.png
    ipaddress.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 4
you would need to use an .htaccess rule with mod_rewrite to redirect the domain. Thats not really a server problem or issue but one that is more for a web site.

something like

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_name} ^.*domain.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule .* [domain.com...] [R]

but you may have better luck on google or the mod_rewrite website.

Back