• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue IPv6 set up under Plesk, but not served for vhost

W4ru

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58 Update #2
Hello! I need some assistance.

Initial situation:
Fresh installation of Ubuntu 20.04 lts from the hoster, updated to Ubuntu 22.04.lts and all customizations for Plesk done without errors. Current:
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS, Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58 Update #2

Data migration from another Plesk server via Migrator.
After a few days, the failure to renew SSL certificates made me realize that the configured IPv6 is not properly assigned. This article (Issue - Lets Encrypt - error in certificate renew process) provided an indication that web data was not delivered via IPv6.
In the end, I found out that the IPv6 was not integrated at Ubuntu level via ip a, which I fixed via

Code:
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=0
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=0
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6=0
sudo sysctl -p

successfully.

Unfortunately, the problem now remains that neither a ping to the IPv6 nor a query to a web is successful.
Plesk repair returns:

We have found the database inconsistency. We strongly recommend that you run "plesk repair db" after the current command is finished or stopped. Once "plesk repair db" fixes the inconsistency, run "plesk repair mail" once again.
and

Inconsistency in the table 'DomainServices' for the column ipCollectionId: Web service cannot operate: the IP address list with ID 7 is empty.
while using SSH, iI get this message
Checking the consistency of the Plesk database
Inconsistency in the table 'DomainServices' for the column
ipCollectionId: Web service cannot operate: the IP address list with
ID 7 is empty ..................................................... [ERROR]
Generate an IP address list based on DNS records? [Y/n] Y
Creating a database dump ........................................ [OK]
A dump of the database was created before an attempt to repair the database: /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preresolve.20240128-151750.dump.gz
Generating an IP address list ................................... [FAILED]
- No IP addresses found in DNS records.
I have worked through these posts Issue - Plesk repair -all error and Question - SOS: Inconsistency in the table 'DomainServices' for the column ipCollectionId: Web service cannot operate: the IP address list with ID 64 is empty., among others, but can't get any further.

Thanks for any advice

I'm a bit further along now that I've found this post:
Using the instructions, I was able to correct the Plesk repair to "zero errors".

For others: I determined the domain behind the ID 7 from above (and skipped steps 4-6 from article), then removed the IPv6 from this domain, performed the repairs and then added the IPv6 to the domain with ID 7 again. All tests are now error-free.

But the basic problem is still as before: the domains are only delivered via IPv4, and Ping does not provide a response to the IPv6.

Status unchanged.
Server restart brings no change.

Further measures without success:
  • Plesk-FW and firewall of the provider (ionos) temporarily switched off.
  • Additional IPv6 generated in the customer menu. Import in the GUI of Plesk did not succeed, also via SSH and plesk bin ipmanage --reread. Had to add the IP manually via /sbin/ip addr add xxx:xx:xx::x dev eth0. Then I was able to assign it to a web as a dedicated IPv6. DNS is managed via external NS, everything is correct but this additional IPv6 is also only resolved correctly via external, access to this above-mentioned domain is only possible via IPv4 as before.
I'm not technically well versed in the issue, but the fact that I had to assign the IP manually is strange to me and may help the experts here as a further help?

Maybe this help, after a new installation some month ago this step was forgotten by me.
Look at your network interface for the ipv6 route and activate it via CLI:
ip -6 route add default via "YOURROUTE-IPV6" dev "YOURNETWORKINTERFACE"
additional reregister IP at CLI
ip -6 addr add "YOURIPV6" dev "YOURNETWORKINTERFACE"

Back