• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IPv6 support

A

aaargh

Why is Plesk still not IPv6 ready, every single piece of software which is used in plesk is ready ( or could easily be made ready ) for IPv6, and all operation systems are capable of running a dual IP stack.
I think if SWsoft does support it, it would be a great boost for IPv6 in general, since IPv6 still struggle with the "chicken / egg " phenomenon. The more content that will be available at IPv6 the more users will enable it at their desktop.
Ofcourse it does take a while before we will be out of IPv4 addresses, but why not add IPv6 now to let people get familiar with it.

just my 2 eurocents :)

I'd like to see IPv6 DNS records be supported at least. It's as simple as two MySQL variables (one for records one for templates), each involving the "AAAA" option, both of which are simple to add), and then adding the option to the actual php source.

The hardest part would be for them to add the checks against the IPv6 address to verify that the address is valid. However, any routine checks against google would find a handful of open-source working examples that they'd be able to view to write their own version for use with PSA. And, since PSA is fully encrypted, no one would really know what their code looked like... *cough cough*

But anyway, for the time being, I suppose I can still go around and do the work the hard way.. a mere db hack when I update PSA so that my DB will allow me to add AAAA records manually, add the records to the DB myself, and do a dns reload through the shell (or add a simple A record through the control panel to force the DNS to reload). Then everything re-loads to the file, forcing the AAAA records to be seen again.

I've mentioned this previously, probably about 1-1.5 years ago, when I first started playing with IPv6. But personally, I'm getting ready to do more with IPv6 than just basic "dns" type entries. I want the option to do some hosting with it, and I'm looking for more options than just dns. I suppose I'll have to work with my own modifications to httpd.conf for that. Suprise Suprise...

Thats a pretty cool idea, maybe you could get that to work with the events API. Or once Mysql 5 is supported, a DB trigger.

I have to admit that the biggest pain in the *** will be Qmail, because of it's buggy IPv6 patch, personally I think qmail should get replaced by some other MTA ( postfix / exim ), but that's a hole different topic...

I agreed Who-M3 for the lack of the most basics of IPv6, AAAA records in DNS. I really don't understand why is isn't supported yet.

Probably because Its a pretty big change for not a lot of gain. :p I'm going through a conversion for a government client right now, it wont be done for at least 3 years.

aaargh can you hack the db plesk for add a record AAAA?

ok i modify a record A. i have inserted in place of ipv4 the ipv6 but when i ping6 it not work.

probably I must create type AAAA? whereis in the database the management of type?

Part of it is all the things that just arent ipv6 aware right now. You pretty much have to run everything with a dual stack (try doing DNS on windows XP with ipv6 sometime.)

Hi

can anybody tell me how can i add IPv6 support in plesk-8.2.1?

THX and best regards
ACID25

Back