• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is Plesk blocked in Russia?

Kroptokin

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 9.2
Plesk version and microupdate number
I haven't been able to get a straight answer out of Plesk. Their store site says that they don't accept Russian payment cards but then the actual page is blocked apparently based on geolocation. So it seems that it is not just a question of blocking payment cards but also blocking people on Russian IPs buying licenses. The next question; if one could buy a license will the product download and update to a server with an IP in the Russian Federation? I had an email exchange with a Plesk agent but it was indeterminate and then went quiet.

Russian ISPs are still offering Plesk but I don't know if this is the parallel economy or legit.

Thanks

Just in case anyone is interested:

autoinstall.plesk.com is at least pingable from inside Russia but
get.plesk.com (the url for a browser based install) is not

So, taken with the lack of communication from Plesk on this topic, and the apparent blocking of the store website, the overall picture is one of uncertainty. Probably best avoided.

Hi @Kroptokin, thank you for your post and letting Plesk know about connectivity issues. I can only recommend to check your network connectivity thoroughly as the issues are rather likely linked to general network connectivity issues than anything else. Please also review the Try Plesk Now page for options how to install Plesk.

Back