• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Is plesk.page resolvable?

minimad

New Pleskian
Hi,
Brand new to Plesk. Two questions if I may:

1. I want to use Plesk for DNS management for all my websites. The name of the server-generated by Lightsail:

random-name.1.1.1.1.plesk.page

Is that resolvable on the Internet? Can I add that as a DNS zone within Lightsail and point it to the public IP the server is running on, or do I need to use an unused domain with a hosting provider and create a glue record? I guess from there, all domains on the server will inherit the DNS template and work accordingly?

2. I know this is how long is a piece of string question, but roughly what spec server for 3 or 4 WordPress sites with few plugins? Not woocommerce. What are you running for yours?
I ask because the 1 VCPU with 2GB RAM says 1.36GB in use. I installed two domains just whilst setting up but there is no databases or WordPress on it yet.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Is that resolvable on the Internet?
Yes, it is a resolvable domain name. Temporary domain names are used for accessing your site before you register and purchase a proper domain name. They are provided for free with the following conditions:
  • The names are generated randomly
  • They are hosted in the .plesk.page DNS zone
  • You cannot use mail with a temporary domain name
You can switch to a registered domain name at any time later by renaming your domain in the domain settings.
but roughly what spec server for 3 or 4 WordPress sites with few plugins?
You can find approximate Plesk hardware requirements here: Hardware Requirements for Plesk Obsidian

Back