• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Is there a way to disable access logs for a vhosts?

We run a high traffic server and the access logs get filled up very quick. I know we could implement rotation, but I would also like to prevent performance loss by having an access log, doesnt matter how marginal that would be. Any ideas?

You can try to use vhosts templates customization but unfortunately there is no option for Apache "access_log off" like in nginx. Therefore you should redirect access_log to /dev/null. In this case, you will win in reducing disk space, but do not win in the disk I/O operations (performance)

okay so there is no way to disable access logs in general or no way when someone uses plesk?
whats the right way to redirect access_log to /dev/null? that would be a start

I would rather disable access logs point blank, i thought doint it for particular vhosts might have been a simpler approach. but if i can disable it altogether it is even better

Back