• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Is watchdog still available Ubuntu ^20.04?

Talistech

Basic Pleskian
Installed a fresh Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.32 Update #2 on a fresh Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.
Watchdog is nowhere to be found, not in extensions, not in Plesk Components and also not able to install it through plesk-cli.
Is watchdog still available Ubuntu ^20.04?

Watchdog was always very handy to monitor services + rkhunter.

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Talistech

Bump. I have setup a couple plesk servers the past months, none of them were able to install or find Watchdog.
I could also not find any information on this forum or on other websites.
If anyone knows anything, please enlighten me. Or if you know a workaround to still install it, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Talistech

Hi @Peter Debik, thank you for your proposed fix.

But this is neither a fix or a workaround for my issue. Plesk cannot be found through extensions thus cannot be installed. So when I create a "custom button" for Watchdog, the link that's opened is just invalid because Watchdog does not exist in my extensions yet.

Attachments

• 1610191981278.png
    1610191981278.png
    69 KB · Views: 20
  • 1610192006908.png
    1610192006908.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 1610192018447.png
    1610192018447.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 20
Bump. I have setup a couple plesk servers the past months, none of them were able to install or find Watchdog.
I could also not find any information on this forum or on other websites.
If anyone knows anything, please enlighten me. Or if you know a workaround to still install it, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Talistech
HI @Talistech,

I think it hasn't been updated yet.
From the plesk changelog :

Answer​

Plesk now supports Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.29

However, keep in mind the following limitations:

• Plesk does not support dist-upgrade from any previous versions of Ubuntu. A guide for dist-upgrade from versions 16 to 18 and 18 to 20 will be available on Plesk Obsidian 18.0.31.
  • Plesk installation fails if mysql8 is installed on the server;
  • Ubuntu 20.04 ships with OpenSSL which does not support TLSv1.1 and below. Because of that: TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 ciphers cannot be enabled on services via server_pref command;
  • psa-watchdog component is not available, since it requires a major update to use TLSv1.2 or higher;
Bye

Last edited:
Reactions: H9k
Hi, I have the same issue: I'm with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.39 and on Plesk I cannot monitor the disk space, the utilization of the RAM and CPU?
there is no way to do without this Watchdog extension that never exist anymore?
Maybe Grafana extension? Some other extension suggested?

Hi, I have the same issue: I'm with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.39 and on Plesk I cannot monitor the disk space, the utilization of the RAM and CPU?
there is no way to do without this Watchdog extension that never exist anymore?
Maybe Grafana extension? Some other extension suggested?
With the 'Grafana' monitoring extension you can monitor Disk, Memory and CPU usage.

Back