• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ISAPI extension or fastCGI app is recomended for windows server 2003 with php 5.2.5 ?

W

WILD

Hello,

I use plesk for my own domains and when setting up the hosting my tech says to use
php ver 5.2.5 and run as ISAPI extension

the old server we had was run as CGI application

but he said it was recomended to use the ISAPI setting

however our online application wouldnt send threw the mail

I chnaged it to CGi and got the php bug thing but the apps was sending then changed it\

to fastCGI app and it still sends and the php bug thing was gone on the pages

but now he is upset cause I chnaged it off what he said was recmended said we open
the site to hackers and I am confused on what is recomended and is there a way to make the apps send if I change back to the ISAPI setting

With the ISAPI setting the apps when trying to send get a line 32 error
below is the process form I use for the apps any help on this is thankfull

<?

//Processform is a simple formsender. The validation is preferably done at the sending end
//to keep traffic to the server to minimum. More on this topic elsewhere on the site.
//This formsender has the capability to handle multiple selection elements like Checkboxes
//or Select-Multiple items. It, therefore can be used for any application like Surveys etc.
//It will allow multiple forms to access and send the information to one common processor.
//The form file includes the information that gets sent to the Sender. This eliminates //modifications to the processing files. The hidden form variables required are included in
//each form. Read the README.TXT first.

$arrexclude = array("recepient", "subject", "sent", "failed", "mailheader", "processdir");

$msg = "";
while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
$exclude = false;
for ($n = 0; $n < count($arrexclude); ++$n) {
if ($key == $arrexclude[$n]) {
$exclude = true;
}
}
if (!$exclude) {
$msg .= "\n\n".$key." : ";
if (is_array($value)) {
for ($n =0; $n < count($value); ++$n) {
$msg .= $value[$n]." ";
}
} else {
$msg .= $value;
}
}
}
if (mail ($recepient, $subject, $msg, $mailheader)) {
echo $Name." ".$sent;
}
else
{
echo $name." ".$failed;
}
?>
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>Mega MixX DJ Application</title>
</HEAD>
<body

background="http://wildsideradio.net/blkmarbl.jpg" style="background-attachment: fixed">
<script language="JavaScript"> <!--

var message="Mega MixX Radio Would Like To Thank You!!"

function click(e) {
if (document.all) {
if (event.button == 2) {
alert(message);
return false;
}
}
if (document.layers) {
if (e.which == 3) {
alert(message);
return false;
}
}
}
if (document.layers) {
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
}
document.onmousedown=click;
// --> </script>
<body>
<br>
<p>
</p>
<p align="center"><font color="#000000" font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" size="4"><b> Thank you for submitting your application!
<br></b>

<br><br><center><font color="#000000" font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica" size="4"><b>You May Close This Page Now!</a> </center>

</body>

Back