• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Issue with Docker Proxy / Forwarding a Subdomain to a Docker Container

Illiminator31

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,
I have a Question regarding Plesk and Docker and the usage of the "Docker Proxy" Function / Subdomain.
My Installation of Plesk is a new Obsidian 18.0.29 Update #2 on a Debian 9.13‬. I have a Domain registered on that Server (let's call it example.com), it is secured with a LetsEncrypt Certificate and activated Wildcard, Modern TLS versions and ciphers by Mozilla, automatic redirect of HTTP to HTTPs and OCSP Stapling. HSTS is disabled until I'm sure SSL works fine.

The situation is as follows: As Mentioned I have 1 Domain on the Server and set up the DNS Settings in my Providers Interface. On my Server I have 6 different Docker Containers with Web interfaces, for Docker Management I use the Docker Extention of Plesk and all Containers have different Ports exposed Manually (f.e Ports 9000 -> 9006),

What do I want to achieve: I want the Web interface of my Containers accessible for the Users via www.example.com/container1 OR via a Subdomain like container1.example.com.

What are my Issues
1. I use the "Docker Proxy Rules" Option on my Domain and use the URL example.com/test, the Container: Container 1 and the Port 9000 -> 9000. When I then access the domain exmaple.com/test it only Displays: A client error occurred on GET /test : Resource not found by Assets controller. For Information: When I use the Port on my IP i access "/index.html#!/login". Tried to enter it into the URL Field in different Ways but non worked.

2. I add a Subdomain test.example.com. I change the Hosting Type to Forwarding. AS the Destination Adress I use www.example.com:9000 and as Forwarding Type I use Frame forwarding with SSL/TSL Support and Permanent SEO-safe 301 redirect from HTTP to HTTPS.
When I then Access the Website I get the Error Message that test.exmaple.com has sent an invalid response

While www.example.com is secured when I access www.example.com:9000 it's not secured, maybe that has something to do with it?

Back