• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue issue with small micro updates

Ickov

Basic Pleskian
i try to use apt-get update + apt-get upgrade also i try to do that via plesk panel but there is errors

i this link are errors from update log

also i receive it :

i see the plesk repair utility but one more question, if i use it will be some conflicts with personal e-mails on my clients or web pages, will be something deleted or not ?

Hi Ickov,

the current existent kernel update/upgrade issues/errors/problems on Debian/Ubuntu - based systems are discussed at => Issue - Update Stuck . Maybe you would like to join the thread and read as well suggestions and resolutions, to solve your case?

if i use it will be some conflicts with personal e-mails on my clients or web pages, will be something deleted or not ?
If you experience errors/issues/problems AFTER a Plesk Repair process, pls. consider to post the corresponding logs from "/var/log/plesk", so that we are able to investigate ( possible ) issues together with you. In general, the Plesk Repair process should REPAIR ( possible ) misconfigurations and will not create issues/errors/problems. :)

Hi Ickov,

the current existent kernel update/upgrade issues/errors/problems on Debian/Ubuntu - based systems are discussed at => Issue - Update Stuck . Maybe you would like to join the thread and read as well suggestions and resolutions, to solve your case?

If you experience errors/issues/problems AFTER a Plesk Repair process, pls. consider to post the corresponding logs from "/var/log/plesk", so that we are able to investigate ( possible ) issues together with you. In general, the Plesk Repair process should REPAIR ( possible ) misconfigurations and will not create issues/errors/problems. :)

Many thanks ,

so for sure i can use plesk repair utility ?

thanks once again

Hi Ickov,

You already did that, if you have a closer look at your provided screenshot: "The repair operation is in progress". ;)

Mate i only use command for micro update i never use command for plesk repair utility ,

i only scary if this command will delete or damage e-mails or files on my clients, because i am not used till now , so please advise if not damage i will use it ?

Hi Ickov,

Mate i only use command for micro update i never use command for plesk repair utility
oh... sorry... you misunderstood me here. The Plesk Repair Utility is as well called, in case of issues/errors/problems, which might appear during the "plesk installer" - usage and as you can see within your screenshot, the "plesk installer" did recognize errors/problems during your update procedure and already called it now. :)

so please advise if not damage i will use it ?
The Plesk Repair Utility will never touch any eMails, or content files at your webspace, but it could change misconfigured permissions, in case that the "fs" ( file system ) option is being used to repair misconfigured permissions.

Me again ,

i use the command but errors still shows in plesk panel also on report i receive it
Screenshot%202017-09-24%2011.04.24.png

also see when i use output command 'tail ... ' for mail logs is nothing to show , only stuck like this on picture

what can i do in that case ?

Hi Ickov,

is there a reason, why you don upload the images as attachment here at the forum? ( You are able to use the forum option: "Upload a File", right under each editor text - box. )

Sorry, but your current inserted dropbox image - link is not working. :(

In addition, pls. don't only explain current issues/errors/problems with sentences like "is not working". We can't investigate such statements. I recommend to copy&paste the corresponding lines from your command line ( or from your logs ) and paste such copies into a CODE - box. ( You are able to use the forum option "Insert ... Code", which is the 5th - or 6th - button from the right at the menu right over each editor text - box. )

Last edited by a moderator:
in attachment are log file and screenshot

image , it shows the moment when i try to use command tai... for maillog

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-09-24 --.png
    Screenshot 2017-09-24 --.png
    113.2 KB · Views: 3
  • log.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi Ickov,

as you see within your log, you have to correct some of your installed packages, as they are conflicting at the moment:

Code:
Suggested packages:
  apache2-doc apache2-suexec-pristine apache2-suexec-custom ufw apache2-utils
The following packages will be upgraded:
  apache2 apache2-bin apache2-data apache2-mpm-event apache2-mpm-prefork
5 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 21 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/1094 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libglib2.0-0:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libisc95' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'libkrb5-26-heimdal:amd64' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'python3-minimal' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'dnsutils' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package 'mysql-client-core-5.5' missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
 files list file for package `libroken18-heimdal:amd64' contains empty filename

Suggestions:
Code:
aptitude reinstall libroken18-heimdal
If you experience issues/errors/problems from your command line, pls. post the corresponding errors for further investigations!

Code:
aptitude reinstall mysql-client-core-5.5
If you experience issues/errors/problems from your command line, pls. post the corresponding errors for further investigations!

Code:
aptitude reinstall python3-minimal

Code:
aptitude reinstall libkrb5-26-heimdal

Code:
aptitude reinstall libisc95

Code:
aptitude reinstall libglib2.0-0

Code:
aptitude install apache2 apache2-bin apache2-data apache2-mpm-event apache2-mpm-prefork

Code:
aptitude upgrade

Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
If you experience issues/errors/problems from your command line, pls. post the corresponding errors for further investigations!​

Hi Ickov,

the above mentioned suggestions are ment to be used "as they are". If you rather desire to use "apt-get", instead of "aptitude" and if you rather continue with additional commands, EVEN that you can see errors like:
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
bind9 : Depends: libisc95 (= 1:9.9.5.dfsg-3ubuntu0.16) but 1:9.9.5.dfsg-3ubuntu0.15 is to be installed
bind9-host : Depends: libisc95 (= 1:9.9.5.dfsg-3ubuntu0.16) but 1:9.9.5.dfsg-3ubuntu0.15 is to be installed
dnsutils : Depends: libisc95 (= 1:9.9.5.dfsg-3ubuntu0.16) but 1:9.9.5.dfsg-3ubuntu0.15 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
and
root@euve253580:~# sudo apt-get reinstall libisc95
E: Invalid operation reinstall
... it needs further, additional commands, to solve your issues/errors/problems.

Pls. consider to ask for indivdual, professional support services ( Administration Service ), over the link:

... so that advanced skilled system engineers are able to solve your issues/errors/problems for you.

Ok i will forward my problem to there , but commands which are mentioned by you are given this result :

Welcome to Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-042stab124.2 x86_64)

* Documentation: Official Ubuntu Documentation
Last login: Sun Sep 24 18:14:56 2017 from 68-7f-74-2b-b4-17.lan.netkabel.net.mk
root@euve253580:~# cd /var/lib/dpkg/info/
root@euve253580:/var/lib/dpkg/info# apptitude reinstall mysql-client-core-5.5
-bash: apptitude: command not found
root@euve253580:/var/lib/dpkg/info# cd
root@euve253580:~# aptitude reinstall libroken18-heimdal
-bash: aptitude: command not found
root@euve253580:~# aptitude reinstall mysql-client-core-5.5
root@euve253580:~# aptitude reinstall python3-minimal
root@euve253580:~# aptitude reinstall libkrb5-26-heimdal
root@euve253580:~#

Hi Ickov,

in case you see notes like:
-bash: apptitude: command not found
You are informed, that the current used command cannot be executed, as the package "aptitude" has not been installed by the system administrator of your server.

Back