• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question issues raising PHP.ini max_file_uploads past 50!

zoldos

Basic Pleskian
I placed this in my server's primary php.ini file (*not* the auto generated one): max_file_uploads = 100 and restarted PHP (I'm using 7.4.33 on Ubunto 20.04 LTS). But the limit remains at 50. Almost like it is hard coded. Is this normal? I recall seeing a related setting when I was messing around on my server and I think used it to increase the value to 50, but I don't remember how, and now I'd like it set at 100.

Any assistance would be most appreciated! :)

This should be set in the PHP additional directives section in the subscription, not in a server file.

I run PHP as a dedicated FPM application served by nginx and have Apache turned off (not sure if that makes a difference). And this in the PHP "Additional Directives" under my domain subscription: max_file_uploads = 100

Hmm....

When you look at the phpinfo() page, does it state max_file_uploads 100 or 50? When you enter this as an additional PHP directive it should change to 100 there, because these directives overwrite anything that is set elsewhere.

In phpinfo it shows "max_file_uploads = 100". I swear seeing some obscure setting relating to file uploads info in a server config file, but can't remember! :(

I'm guessing you're using Nginx? You might want to make sure you don't have any weird client_max_body_size set in the directive (I don't have this old of version of Plesk to test with at the moment). If there's an additional directive section for the domain you should be able to just do something like:

client_max_body_size 100M;

So if PHP allows a 100 concurrent file uploads, the problem is solved, right?
I would think so, but when I batch upload files to my Xenforo 2.2 forum, it will stop at 50 and state that is the maximum files that can be uploaded at once. I went through every setting in Xenforo, and turned up nothing. I also checked all Plesk and server settings. Again, nothing. The value *is* set at 100 both in my main php.ini file, and as a PHP directive in my domain on Plesk.

Very strange!

I suggest to ask Xenforo support about it or to post the question on their forum, because if PHP states it allows 100 files, than it allows 100 files.

Back