• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Issues with Office365 setup and Plesk

smileyriley21

New Pleskian
Hi,

I hope you are all well and thanks in advance for any help and support.

We have a client who is using an external company to setup office365 to manage their emails. The website is hosted on our Plesk box.

Office365 is failing as it is somehow looking at the default self signed SSL certificate for the plesk panel and not getting any further

Any ideas how to resolve this? The IT company are baffled, my hosting company are baffled and everyone is blaming everyone else.

If you use "SSL Shoppers SSL Checker" tool and add any domain from either of our Plesk boxes that do not have a dedicated SSL certificate it comes up with the following errors, which relate to the default self signed certificate for the panel.

This certificate is self signed, users will receive a warning....
Certificate no allocated to this domain.

If I look at other domains we have hosted (not using Plesk) these errors are not reported.

Any help, much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Chris

PS: We host with both UKFast and Rackspace

When you use Office365, you must update several DNS records to route mails to the Microsoft systems instead of routing than through or to your Plesk server. Once you have updated the records, your Plesk server is no longer responsible for handling any mails of your domain. Exact and detailed information on the entries that need to be set in DNS is given by Office365 upon setup. If DNS is setup correctly, Office365 will not connect to the Plesk server at all. Nor during setup, neither during operations.

Bottom line: Make sure that the MX and TXT records that Microsoft requires for the Office365 configuration are set correctly and everything will work like a charm.

Back