• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

It appears Page Cache URL rewriting is not working.

DewaldtH

New Pleskian
If you have a wordpress site and you enable nginx with W3 Total cache you get the following error below:

It appears Page Cache URL rewriting is not working. If using apache, verify that the server configuration allows .htaccess or if using nginx verify all configuration files are included in the configuration.

I know this problem is related to nginx.

Can one follow these steps for nginx on plesk 11?

http://kbeezie.com/view/nginx-configuration-examples/

Last edited:
Hi,

I don't think this will work without some customisation I'm afraid :

Problem 1 : Any changes made to the last_nginx_conf file could be overwritten at any time by Plesk, though I think changing the file permissions / attributes on the symlink _could_ resolve this. I've not tried yet so can't say either way.

Problem 2 : Plesk's configuration uses nginx as a reverse proxy with PHP requests being forwarded from nginx to Apache. Apache either than handles the PHP request itself through mod_php or hands it off to fastcgi depending on what you're set up as. The linked configurations all assume that nginx is handling all requests and passing off PHP to fastcgi. Using them could work, but you'd be breaking the intended structure and many of your settings within the Plesk Control Panel will probably stop working.

Addressing 1 is your major structural issue, it doesn't really matter if you manage to get problem 2 sorted if Plesk breaks it every few days!

Paul.

Nginx disabled

I have disabled nginx.

Yet it still says that error in W3 Total Cache.

I wonder if it only says that because I am running Apache as Fast CGI.

Seeing it then can not detect mod_rewrite well.

I will be testing this theory and post results here

Back