• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Keep nginx from binding to specific IPs

CKK

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,

I have several IPs on my machine, 3 of them are bound on 443 by nodeJS services that I installed. Today the nginx service restarted for whatever reason and refused to start because it tried to bind itself to those 3 IPs on 443.
I was able to keep nginx from trying to bind to those IPs by commenting them out in /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/server.conf (listen xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 ssl;)
I'm aware that this file is generated by Plesk and it's already been overwritten.

How can I configure Plesk to not use those IPs?

Thanks and BR

hi,
afaik the only way to do that is by blacklisting the unwanted ips in your panel.ini

Code:
[ip]
blacklist="192.168.1.1,192.168.1.2"

You will need to "reread" the plesk ip pool afterwards :
Code:
sudo plesk bin ipmanage --reread

That was the trick for me when somehow my nginx tried to bind to my local docker ips.

br

Thanks for your reply. First of all I only have "panel.ini.sample" in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf but no "panel.ini" and then it appears like this is only hiding the IPs for availability in Plesk. However, my problem is that nginx tries to bind to those IPs on startup and fails, even before I even tried to use them for anything in Plesk.
I found this article: Moving the Plesk GUI to a Separate IP Address
That would work for me too. I configured Plesk this way, restartet the services but /etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/server.conf remains unchanged the way I left it yesterday.

Install the Panel.ini Editor Extension to make these changes.
You also need to rebuild the nginx configuration files after "blacklisting" these IPs (you can use the "Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter" Extension for that)

Reactions: MRW
@MRW Alright I fixed it by creating a new panel.ini and inserting the IP blacklist. After rereading the IPs also disappeared from the binding directives in server.conf. Let's see if that survives the next Plesk update.

Back