• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Kernel 3.0.x und PSA-Firewall

U

UeckerO

Hallo,

ich hoffe hier ist jemand der deutschen Sprache mächtig, denn seit einem Kernel-wechsel unseres Servers, will die PSA-Firewall nicht mehr starten, und bringt folgende Meldung im Plesk Panel-Version 10.3.1:

Unsupported kernel version: 3.0.4

0: common_func.php3:139
psaerror(string 'Unsupported kernel version: 3.0.4')
1: BackendLinux.php:22
BackendLinux->BackendLinux(array)
2: FwConfigurator.php:311
FwConfigurator->render(integer '2')
3: modules.firewall.edit.activate.php:44
plesk__modules__firewall__edit__activate->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
4: UIPointer.php:595
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
5: plesk.php:52

Wenn ich das Firwall Script manuell ausführe, wird Iptables gestartet und meine Ports die ich absichern will sind geschlossen.

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit trotz dessen, die Firewall im Plesk zu starten?

MfG

Uecker

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but English is official language on this forum.

Hello,

because for a kernel change our server will not start the PSA firewall, and brings the following message in the Plesk panel version 10.3.1:

Unsupported kernel version: 3.0.4

0: common_func.php3:139
psaerror(string 'Unsupported kernel version: 3.0.4')
1: BackendLinux.php:22
BackendLinux->BackendLinux(array)
2: FwConfigurator.php:311
FwConfigurator->render(integer '2')
3: modules.firewall.edit.activate.php:44
plesk__modules__firewall__edit__activate->accessItem(string 'GET', NULL null)
4: UIPointer.php:595
UIPointer->access(string 'GET')
5: plesk.php:52

If I manually run the script Firwall, iptables is started and I want to protect my ports are closed.

Is there a way in spite of it, the start firewall in Plesk?

MfG

Uecker

PS. If you offer products in Germany, one should also offer a German support. Each and everyone assumes that you have mastered English, which is unfortunately not always so.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I see you have latest version of Linux kernel - 3.0.4
Officially Plesk support only kernels from supported OS vendor repositories.

Hello!

The 3.0.x kernel has long been realsed and officially to refer to Kernel.org. How long can it take until I can control the firewall again with Plesk PSA? I've only once built himself a iptables script so that my server is back safe.

MfG

Uecker

I don't know what is OS you have but when kernel 3.0.4 version will be officially supported by OS vendor and included to official OS vendor's repository - it will be supported by Plesk too.

I use Debian 6.0 but to the extent it ever since I can use the script from the firewall by PSA. Or sometime then some games to go running at least Froxlor mixed platform independent and not so great in the system and what you do what you expect from a program to control the server and does not care about the kernel you want to use.

Back