• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Large SQL file

Gorlist

Basic Pleskian
Hi, I have a large forum database (143 meg), and I was wondering how can I transfer this to the server?

From what I can find it has to be uploaded via SSH, but what command would I use to have the sql information entered into a site database?

Also whilst im posting, where abouts can I adjust the default page thats displayed when new domain is created?

Best Regards,

You can use the mysql command line tool after you have scp'd the dump over to your server.

Code:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` db_name < backup-file.sql

For your second question: read "Predefining Content for New Web Sites" under "Serving Your Customers" in the Administrator Manual.

Option #1: Use the migration manager
Option #2: Make a dump file, gzip it and then scp or FTP it over to your new server. Unzip it and restore from there

Hi, thanks for the replys, will try it out shortly.

Something I have noticed is database names as default aren't given tags and I'm already finding some names taken? e.g. mydomain_co_uk_-_forums

Ive searched the manual though found nothing on this topic, any suggestions? :)

Regards!

Hi, just tried to run the SQL command line breun suggested though it comes up with:

ERROR 1153 (08S01) at line 7210: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

any suggestions?

Regards!

where abouts can I find this config file, and any suggestions on the size I should allow upto or increase the figure until it works?

regards!

Hi friend,
I am not aware that MS SQL Server can read Oracle backup files, so my first answer is that you can not.If you would like to have a copy of your Oracle database in a SQL Server I would suggest to reverse engineer your Oracle database by using Sybase Power Designer. After that automatically create still with Sybase Power Designer the SQL statements which will create that same database structure on an MS SQL Server.After that is done you may like to export the data from the Oracle database and import it in the MS SQL Server database.

Back