• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Let's Encrypt extension can not issue or renew certs: error 400

ServerObserver

New Pleskian
Whenever I attempt to issue or renew a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate on any domain connected to the server, I get the following error.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
Could not issue an SSL/TLS certificate for fairinternet.org

Details

Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for fairinternet.org. Authorization for the domain failed.

Details

Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/2900557541.

Details:

Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:connection

Detail: Fetching [redacted] Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the error suggests a firewall issue, I disabled ModSec as a first stage isolation test, however the error continues unabated. The websites all resolve without issue, and the acme-challenge resolves if the URL is placed in browser. From the authz log, the HTTP-01 challenge appears to be timing out and I'm not entirely sure why as I have disabled all firewalls (they're re-enabled now) as part of troubleshoot staging to work backwards from there and still it does not work.

When I follow the steps in this help centre article: [BUG] Let's Encrypt auto renew is not working for domains or Plesk with renamed certificates

I am able to issue a cert to the plesk server, however when I attempt to secure any single domain manually through the extension I get the same 400 error stated above.

I have gone through the steps in this help centre article as well: Troubleshooting failed Let's Encrypt certificate installations for a domain in Plesk

DNS appears to be set up correctly, with both IPv4 and IPv6 resolving on both sides. The websites for all domains are accessible and compatibility mode does not appear to be enabled.

I'm honestly at a loss. Can anyone help?

I think that if any recommendations from related KB articles do not help, then you should contact Plesk Support Team for help.

Back