• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question let's encrypt two different vps, same domain

jviure

New Pleskian
Hi! I ve two vps, two plesks, two subscriptions (domain.com and mail.domain.com). One plesk is for the web (Wordpress), the other for mails. I ve let's encrypt in both subscriptions. In the web vps all works fine, but, in the mail plesk I've to move the ssl cert every three months -created with the hosting plesk - to the mail subscription cause the acme challenge cannot be resolved. Some idea how can avoid that? is very tired being pending of the expiration date of the certificate. Thanks!

(every two months actually, because letsencrypt renews when there's one month left)
Does one of the plesks provide DNS, or is that configured on the provider's server?
Does the mail plesk also have webmail.domain.com?

I have a similar problem, but in the other direction. www. is on another server because the plesk server became too slow for magento. So www mounts /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/.well-known/acme-challenge from the main server by sshfs. Someday I'll get around to writing a script to fetch the new key and reload nginx ... caveat: automating this means one of the servers must have privileged access credentials for the other server.

Back