• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Let's encyrpt and webmail

Hello,

I am setting up our new server running Plesk OnyxVersion 17.8.11 Update #32 on Debian 9.6‬ .
When I try to issue a certificate for the main domain (example.com) I have the option to

Secure webmail on this domain
webmail.example.com

However in our webmail from the old configuration was on mail.example.com .
Is the subdomain restricted to webmail? Would the wildcard option solve the problem?
Thank in advance.

Hello,

I am setting up our new server running Plesk OnyxVersion 17.8.11 Update #32 on Debian 9.6‬ .
When I try to issue a certificate for the main domain (example.com) I have the option to

Secure webmail on this domain
webmail.example.com

However in our webmail from the old configuration was on mail.example.com .
Is the subdomain restricted to webmail? Would the wildcard option solve the problem?
Thank in advance.

Hello,
by default Plesk provide access to the webmail on webmail.domain.tld. But you can setup a webmail application on the subdomain of your choice (Rainloop is a nice alternative to roundcube) and use a wildcard cert or issue another certificate for this subdomain (like mail.yourdomain.tld).

Back