• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Letsencrypt monthly renew

Marc77

New Pleskian
Hi,

with letsencrypt a certificate has to be renewd within 3 months. Plesk do this job monthly. Is it possible to change it from 1 month to 2 month or 3 month?

Reason is, that I have to manully add this certificate to my cdn provider and 1 month is a bit short.

Thanks

Hi Marc77,

with letsencrypt a certificate has to be renewd within 3 months. Plesk do this job monthly. Is it possible to change it from 1 month to 2 month or 3 month?
it IS possible, but not recommended ( reason will follow below as additional information ).

=> Home > Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks > (name of the task ) Extension letsencrypt

Additional information:

Pls. keep in mind the following situation:

domainA.com => Let's Encrypt certificate issued => 01.01.2017, first available renew => 60 days after issuing day => 01.03.2017 => expire date: 31.03.2017
domainB.com => Let's Encrypt certificate issued => 01.02.2017, first available renew => 60 days after issuing day => 01.04.2017 => expire date: 31.04.2017
domainC.com => Let's Encrypt certificate issued => 01.03.2017, first available renew => 60 days after issuing day => 30.04.2017 => expire date: 29.05.2017

Task scheduled to:

(01.04.2017)
(01.06.2017)

Let's Encrypt task: Scheduled every first day of the month will cover each possible renewing day of the three certificates, while a scheduled task of 2 months for example will not cover all first possible renew dates. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I see the problem.

in this case, I have created all certificates today. That means they will all expire together and I set the cron to 60 days. Its still 30 days before they will expire.

This should work, right?

Hi Marc77,

as I wrote, it IS possible, but not recommended... just imagine, adding new (sub)domains in the future - I can nearly assure you, that you will accidently miss a renew - date. ;)

Back