• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Lightsail Plesk Instance - Preview Site prior to DNS propogation

ClaytonDaniels

New Pleskian
Testing out the Plesk instance as a potential web host for some small sites and I haven't found a way to preview a site prior to moving the domain to the Lightsail instance IP address.

Typically with hosts, I can create a site and view that site at ip.add.res.xx/~siteroot.

Is this functionality available within the Lightsail Plesk instance?

Hello ClaytonDaniels,

Did you see "Website Preview (link)"?
Plesk enables you and your customers to preview the websites for which DNS propagation has not yet been completed by presenting them as subdomains of a different domain. To change site preview settings, go to Tools & Settings > Website Preview.

Can it solve your case?

Hi,

This does not seem to solve my case. If I click on preview..I get no response. I have searched and tried everything including Disabling Quick Preview and then enabling it again to recreate the preview files but no luck. Any other suggestions? Not sure what I am doing wrong. Preview just times out.

Back