• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Limitations in Reseller plans overruled in Reseller's Service Plans

klowet

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.57 #1
Hi

Situation
I've created a reseller plan with some limitations, like:
  • unchecked 'backup [...] remote storage
  • unchecked 'WP Toolkit Smart PHP Update'
  • unchecked 'Database server selection
  • set '0' value for 'WordPress websites with Smart Update'

1701187193681.png

Problem
A reseller with this plan can still create his own Service Plans with remote storage, with the Smart PHP Update, with Database server selection, with WordPress Smart Updates, etc.

1701187156128.png

Question
How can I make these limitations in a reseller plan persistent in the Service Plans that a reseller can create?

Thanks

The reseller can create a plan with the options "on", but nevertheless they will not work, because his own plan does not allow them. If the plan the reseller is on changes, the options automatically become available to his endusers, too, if they are on. If the plan the reseller is on does not allow them, the setting has no effect, these options won't be available to his endusers.

Thanks, Peter.

That's quite ambiguous for the reseller. They assume that they can use these options and use it in their own Service Plans; they don't know they can't.
Shouldn't it be more logic that resellers don't see the options that are not active in their Reseller Service Plan?

It is considered a bug internally, internal ID PPPM-13864, but as it is only a cosmetic issue, it is not prioritized.

I get the 'cosmetic' side of the issue. But for resellers (even technical-minded ones), it is very confusing why their clients can not use some stuff that they have allowed them to do. So indeed it is a not a technical bug, but a bug that is very confusing because resellers don't know what is allowed and what not. It's like a car full of buttons, half of which are not connected and the driver has to figure out which buttons work and which don't.

How do other companies deal with this? Is there any workaround?

Back