• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Limiting PHP versions to service packages

Olray

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48
I have recently updated my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server with Plesk Obsidian to a brand new Ubuntu 22.04.
Ubuntu 22.04 and Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48 doesn't support PHP 5 or PHP 7.1 which are outdated and pose a security threat to the configured websites.
However, I have a few legacy customers who are running 6 year old CMS systems without bothering for updates. Thus I installed PHP 7.1 and PHP 5.6(!) for their personal use.
I wouldn't want new customers to use these PHP versions, instead I'd like to create a Service Package with that PHP version and prevent people without this package to select the outdated PHP versions. So only Admin can assign these on demand (and after having the website owner sign a disclaimer).
Any idea how to do that?

Missed the point. I would like to know how to prevent the other customers from choosing PHP 5.6 and 7.1 for their own websites.

Disable the "PHP version and handler management" permission from the service plan. This will however disabled the ability for users to change to any other PHP version. There is no option (afaik) to only exclude certain PHP versions.

Back