• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Localization problem

A

AnzeR

Hello,

I've tried to translate plesk language to my language, but when I tried to applied this language according to manual Guide to localizing Panel 10, I found the problem that panel don't want to use the files in ../plib/locales/xx-YY.
Everything was made out like the manual said, but the panel don't use the files like common_messages_xx-YY.php and other files in this folder. It uses always the default en-US language. If I use the default languages that are by default installed in the panel, they all works that they should.

The files that are in folder /usr/local/psa/admin/common/resources/languages/, usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/resources/languages/
and etc... are loaded by the panel.

What I'm doing wrong or is there a problem with this?

I'm trying to translate to my native language that is Slovenian.

I would be very thankful for any information about solving my problem :)

Did you read the localization guide:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/10.1.1/Doc/en-US/pdf/plesk-10-localization-guide.pdf

In Plesk 10.x branch there are several locations where language files are stored - not only the single "old type" location. The locations are as follows:

Plesk 10.x:
---------
/opt/psa/admin/plib/locales
/opt/psa/admin/smb/application/resources/languages
/usr/local/psa/admin/common/resources/languages
/usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/resources/languages

Sitebuilder 5.x:
--------------
/usr/local/sb/resources/locale

(also it seems that there is a bug in Sitebuilder 5.1 and also Javascript-based files Common-en_US.js, Editor-en_US.js and Start-en_US.js in /usr/local/sb/htpdocs/js/locales must be translated as the Common.lng, Editor.lng and Start.lng files in /usr/local/sb/resources/locale/Js/ won't be applied in Sitebuilder for some unknown reason.)

After translating the required files and moving them back to server (naturally changing en_US {and en-US} where ever mentioned to corresponding language code) you should be able to add a new language to Plesk simply by executing a MySQL query as follows:

On Linux: # mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "replace into locales values ('<xx-YY>', 'true')"

AND

On Windows: >cd /D "%plesk_dir%\Databases\MySQL\bin" >mysql -P8306 -uadmin -pPASSWORDHERE psa -e "replace into locales values ('<xx-YY>', 'true')"

as instructed in Localization documentation part "Registering Locale in the Panel".

After that, if you wish, you can set the new locale as default in Plesk GUI and also remove any unnecessary locales.

Thank you Scy for a quick answer to my thread.

I read everything in localization guide and I did like the localization guide said, but it didn't work for me.

Like you wrote, I did change the files in folders
/usr/psa/admin/plib/locales
/usr/psa/admin/smb/application/resources/languages
/usr/local/psa/admin/common/resources/languages
/usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/resources/languages
/usr/local/sb/resources/locale

and all files are loaded by the panel from that folder, but not from folder /use/psa/admin/plib/locales. The panel always uses the default files that are located in /usr/psa/admin/plib/locales/en-US.
I changed en_US {and en-US} where ever mentioned to corresponding language code.
I did execute a MySQL query to load the new language in the panel.
I see the language in the panel, I can use it and make it as a default language.
But the panel don't wont to use my translated files like common_messages_xx-YY.php in the panel - it always uses the default files from en-US folder.

Like I said, I did everything described in Localization guide.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, really.

Back