• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Locked out of server

KrazyBob

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian
I am temporarily displaced and forced to use a cell phone for all actions. My laptop is dead and I forgot to bring my tablet. At any rate, access to SSH and the internet facing control panel are being blocked to me. I had only allowed SSH access to particular IPs including Plesk support. However, I can't access the control panel or pull up domains from its server. I am thinking fail to ban is blocking me. I appear to have a static IP on the hotspot at. I can always do the subnet if I have to. What is the SSH command to add an IP to the Plesk firewall?

Thanks

I am temporarily displaced and forced to use a cell phone for all actions. My laptop is dead and I forgot to bring my tablet. At any rate, access to SSH and the internet facing control panel are being blocked to me. I had only allowed SSH access to particular IPs including Plesk support. However, I can't access the control panel or pull up domains from its server. I am thinking fail to ban is blocking me. I appear to have a static IP on the hotspot at. I can always do the subnet if I have to. What is the SSH command to add an IP to the Plesk firewall?

Thanks
By the way, this is a long existing Virtuozzo container. I can access SSH by coming in through the hardware node. That's how I expect to solve the problem. But I don't know the command.

Thank you very much for your reply. We're on the same wavelength. As I had written I CAN access the container via the hardware node. Not a problem. I am using the plesk bin --un_ban command as indicated in the Plesk help guides. It's not working. I have identified the IP IS in fact in failed to ban. I don't know what the jail is. My clue was being able to ping the IP from the hardware node. I am using Plesk Obsidian 18.x.

Is where I'm getting help from. What am I missing? I finally got my laptop and tablet so I can be more efficient. Ex-wives... :-( It's a real SOB trying to manage from a cell phone but it can be done.

If all fails I can go to the market and use their wi-fi to connect via the GUI.

I can't edit above. Sorry

CT-0698e128-88c5-4f4c-8e87-788591888c4e /# plesk bin ip_ban --banned | grep 71.83.92.226
71.83.92.226 recidive

Unknown option 'recidive': /usr/local/psa/bin/ip_ban --unban 71.83.92.226, recidive

I am using the syntax of plesk bin ip_ban --unban 71.83.92.226, recidive and getting an exit code 1. The command appears correct.

CT-0698e128-88c5-4f4c-8e87-788591888c4e /# plesk bin ip_ban --jails
Jails:
ssh active
recidive active
plesk-proftpd active
plesk-postfix active
plesk-dovecot active
plesk-horde active
plesk-roundcube active
plesk-apache active
plesk-apache-badbot active
plesk-panel active
plesk-modsecurity active
plesk-wordpress active

I need to get into the server for maintenance and billing. I'm willing to learn as you can see. I appreciate help. We can all learn.

Omit the space between the comma "," and "recidive", else "recidive" will be interpreted as an additional option, but it needs to be part of the IP address option, e.g.
not
Code:
ip_ban --unban 71.83.92.226, recidive
but
Code:
ip_ban --unban 71.83.92.226,recidive

Last edited:
Back