• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Log Browser exceeds maximum execution time for a particular subscriber

f0sse

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49.0, revision a146da4f2c52b
Hi!

A couple of days ago a subscriber of mine accidentally changed their vhost home folder permissions to 0644, resulting in what you'd expect: web services could not search the directory, causing permission errors and internal server errors when accessed. The Panel File Manager did not work, and neither did the Panel SSH Terminal for this particular subscriber.

I resolved the issue by remoting into the host, and correcting the permissions manually to 0710 as observed on the folders of other subscribers. All services and functions work as expected, except for the Log Browser.

When I try to open the Log Browser window for their particular domain, nothing happens for a solid 5 minutes (probably longer), after which I get the HTTP status 504 Gateway Timeout. Looking in the /var/log/plesk/panel.log file, I am informed of the following 10 minutes later:
PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 600 seconds exceeded in /opt/psa/admin/plib/LogBrowser/Reader/PhpFopen.php on line 106

Seeing as I cannot read the encrypted PHP files, it is very difficult to diagnose the problem myself. Thinking this issue was somehow caused by the permission errors described above, I have tried the following:
  • Reboot the host machine
  • Update Plesk (from 48 to 49)
  • Remove the files under /var/www/vhosts/system/<domain>/logs/*, restarting apache, nginx, psa and sw-engine, and then relinking the log files into the vhost folder using plesk sbin relink-vhost-logs --domain-name <domain> --sys-user-login <user> --create.
  • Scrutinizing their home folder's permissions, but nothing looks wrong when compared to other subscribers' folders.
The Log Browser exhibits behaviour that indicates some form of infinite loop, which, even if it were a case of bad file permissions, should not happen.

What could be the cause of this, and how do I resolve it?

Log Browser version: 1.6.1-212

Hi!

Log Browser version: 1.6.1-212
I think the issue is not related to the Log Browser extension because the extension provides the access to server's logs (via "Tools & Settings / Log Browser"). Subscription's logs is a part of Plesk core functionality. Unfortunately, I don't have ideas about the fix. Probably, it makes sense to contact the Plesk Support team.

Hi!

I think the issue is not related to the Log Browser extension because the extension provides the access to server's logs (via "Tools & Settings / Log Browser"). Subscription's logs is a part of Plesk core functionality. Unfortunately, I don't have ideas about the fix. Probably, it makes sense to contact the Plesk Support team.

Ok.

I'll contact support, and see if they can sort it out.

Thank you!

Back