1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Log Files....PLZ HELP!!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jenelson, Jan 16, 2008.

1. jenelson

jenelson Guest

In one of my domains I have 35 gb of log files. This keeps knocking my hosting account offline as it I am going over my storage space. How do I remove these files and turn this functionality off or reduce it or do something as I have a 50 gb account and only 9 gb of this space is being used for my own stuff. Thank you!

Jon

2. Bender

Bender Guest

Hi,

Switch on log rotation for your domain at log management page.

3. blank_page

blank_page Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hi,

9 G is a huge log file.

All logfiles should be below 1G.

Docs say that stats are not running ok over 2 G(webalizer). My opinion is that they get problems arround 1 G.

Anyway G sized logfiles are huge and log rotation should be applied. If you have a very-very-very high trafficed site you can run statistics twice a day (can be managed from the crontab)