• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Logfile entry - connect from unknown

TomE

Basic Pleskian
Hello everyone,

since almost two weeks i have the following logfile entries every second

Code:
postfix/smtpd[9353]: connect from unknown[xx.xxx.xx.xx]
postfix/smtpd[9353]: disconnect from unknown[xx.xxx.xx.xx] ehlo=1 auth=0/1 rset=0/1 quit=1 commands=2/4
postfix/smtpd[9353]: warning: hostname ip-38-41.ZervDNS does not resolve to address xx.xxx.xx.xx: Name or service not known

To me it looks like someone is trying to connect to my mail server.

Somebody can tell me if it's harmless and if not, how I can stop it?

Many thanks and regards, Tom

Consider using Fail2Ban to protect from brute force attacks.
There is already "plesk-postfix" jail in the Fail2Ban shipped with Plesk.

postfix/smtpd[9353]
Looks like you have Plesk for Linux. Don't know why you post this thread in Plesk for Windows forum section.

Hi Igor,

thank you and you're right i posted in the wrong forum. sorry! Can I move the post to obsidian?

Fail2Ban is running an the jail plesk-postfix ist active and also blocks ip addresses but the messages in the log file are just very many and worry me a little.

Thanks, Tom

If it is permanent IP address just block it with firewall rule.

Back