• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Login as admin to mysql remotely

VojinP

Basic Pleskian
I have dozens of databases on server and need to configure one by one in DataGrip to get access, and this works. Is there ANY way to configure remote access as admin and see all databases at once?

I'm not sure you understand my question. I can successfully access each database remotely with database user. But instead of creating separate accounts in any program (like sqlyog or data grip) I want to login as admin to mysql and have all databases in the list.

I have tried to connect with plain admin pass, with encrypted admin pass, to 3306 and 8306, but no combination worked.

Actually, when you use the "Tools & Settings" > "Database" menu, you can access all databases through phpMyAdmin at once as you are logged in as admin. Simply click on the phpMyAdmin/maintenance icon at the right edge of the list of database servers (where normally only one or two will be shown).

And if you want to access all databases at once, you can simply add a suitable user to the "users" table of your database, allowing access to all databases. Build it similar to the admin user, but don't try to call it admin or root.

Back