• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Login failed for user 'WIN-32F61D26AAM\IWPD_103(vmboyaus)'. Database connection failed.

mowsum

New Pleskian
Today at 2:49 AM
Hi! I am stuck and Can't solve a problem. I've uploaded my ASP.NET MVC database project (Used Entity Framework).
Uploaded my project to Plesk. All the action results without DB works fine. But Database Connection fails. (My original Database is based on Microsoft SQL Server 2019)
Shows the error :

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot open database "FinalProjectDB" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'WIN-32F61D26AAM\IWPD_103(vmboyaus)'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "FinalProjectDB" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'WIN-32F61D26AAM\IWPD_103(vmboyaus)'.

I tried this connection string :
<connectionStrings>
<add name="FinalProjectDBEntities"
connectionString="metadata=res://*/Model.Model1.csdl|res://*/Model.Model1.ssdl|res://*/Model.Model1.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;data source=.\MSSQLSERVER2019;user id=vmboyaus;Password=somepassword;Database=FinalProjectDB;initial catalog=FinalProjectDB;integrated security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework&quot;"
providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />
</connectionStrings>

(My Default connection string was :
<connectionStrings>
<add name="FinalProjectDBEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Model.Model1.csdl|res://*/Model.Model1.ssdl|res://*/Model.Model1.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;data source=DESKTOP-VJ3TLVQ\SQLEXPRESS;initial catalog=FinalProjectDB;integrated security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;App=EntityFramework&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />
</connectionStrings>)

Please I need urgent help !!! (I check my db name, username, password many times, they are fine)

Back