• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved A database operation failed while processing the request.

rov

New Pleskian
Hi, i mande the basic .Net Core App.

Following this steps...

Open VS 2015,
New Project -> .Net Core -> Set the Name 'Test' -> ok,
Web App -> Change Authentication -> Individual User Accounts -> ok -> and Ok again.

Open Packate Manager Console
and write,
PM> Add-Migration 1; Update-Database;
It apeears Done.

Press F5 the app runs, and i make a user on register on up right conner.

Open Microsoft SQL Server Management and press Ok -> LocalDb... -> Databases - aspnet-Test-....
Right click on it -> Tasks -> Baskup
Backup type Full Set path distination and press Ok. It says Ok and i got the file on my desktop.

Open Plesk -> Databases -> Add Database. Set Name User... Then i press Import Dump, chosse file previous created in Sql Studio management.

Publish the VS project to Plesk,
Edit appsettings.json as

{
"ConnectionStrings": {
"DefaultConnection": "Server=.;Database=topelit1_test;uid=AA;pwd=Aaa123;Trusted_Connection=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=true"
},
"Logging": {
"IncludeScopes": false,
"LogLevel": {
"Default": "Debug",
"System": "Information",
"Microsoft": "Information"
}
}
}

and

set web.config as

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<!--
Configure your application settings in appsettings.json. Learn more at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=786380
-->
<system.webServer>
<handlers>
<add name="aspNetCore" path="*" verb="*" modules="AspNetCoreModule" resourceType="Unspecified" />
</handlers>
<aspNetCore processPath="dotnet" arguments=".\Test.dll" stdoutLogEnabled="true" stdoutLogFile=".\logs\stdout" forwardWindowsAuthToken="false">
<environmentVariables>
<environmentVariable name="ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT" value="Development" />
</environmentVariables>
</aspNetCore>
</system.webServer>
<system.web>
<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true" />
<customErrors mode="Off" />
</system.web>
<connectionStrings>
<remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
</connectionStrings>
</configuration>

Go to the url of the web app right up conner and try to make login, and i recibe this error.

A database operation failed while processing the request.
SqlException: Cannot open database "topelit1_test" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'CP82\IWPD_4(topelit1)'.

Applying existing migrations for ApplicationDbContext may resolve this issue
There are migrations for ApplicationDbContext that have not been applied to the database

• 00000000000000_CreateIdentitySchema
  • 20170111181401_1

In Visual Studio, you can use the Package Manager Console to apply pending migrations to the database:

PM> Update-Database
Alternatively, you can apply pending migrations from a command prompt at your project directory:

> dotnet ef database update

How can i solve this?
Thanks.

Your database server connection account is invalid or has a different password than what you have provided to the script.

I think you should remove "Trusted_Connection=True" from your connection string.
Trusted connection demands Windows authentication for MSSQL connection. (thats why you see error regarding login of your IIS pool user IWPD_xxx). In case of Plesk you are using SQL authentication.

Reactions: rov
I think you should remove "Trusted_Connection=True" from your connection string.
Trusted connection demands Windows authentication for MSSQL connection. (thats why you see error regarding login of your IIS pool user IWPD_xxx). In case of Plesk you are using SQL authentication.

Thanks a lot... Is working... :D

Back