• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Logs question ?

Richard Follett

Basic Pleskian
So I am trying to solve a problem with regards to files being added to my Wordpress site.
I found this in a Plugin Log:

May 14, 2017 10:47 pm system 127.0.0.1 File modified wp-content/wflogs/config.php (old size: 615638, new size: 615638)
May 14, 2017 10:23 am system 127.0.0.1 File modified wp-content/wflogs/config.php (old size: 615638, new size: 615638)
May 14, 2017 10:23 am system 127.0.0.1 New file added wp-admin/ms-log.php (size: 342)

So I know when the bad file (ms-log.php) was added... so now I am looking in the Plesk logs but they only seem to show for last 24 hours? See this screen shot:

Screenshot

if I change the date to narrow range it does nothing? If I hit refresh it does nothing?

I guess somewhere there is a setting for how long these logs are kept?

Thank you but still bit confused!

Screenshot - from here I click on Logs and see this:

Screenshot

I want to put a date in - say 4 days ago and it does not show from that day?

when you say /var/www/vhosts/system/(sub.).YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/logs

how do I view this?

I found the Plesk Action log which tells me when I lasted logged into my Plesk dashboard which is good.. Checking all options.. still no idea how they added files!

Thank you

Back