• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Lost server connection after around 30 mins and then shows unknown website

mario95

New Pleskian
Hello together,

I have a weird problem, IONOS (1&1) is already informed but they also have no idea why and how and so on. The specs of the server are: dedicated unmanaged, linux ubuntu 20.04, plesk obsidian 18.0.52.
For 4 weeks now after a restart we only have 20-30mins connection via SSH, Plesk and the right website is showed.
It happend suddenly and the only thing I have changed weeks before was to add a IP via plesk panel (what I shouldn't do..) and then did some correction on the /etc/network/interfaces but which first worked fine.
Then boom, no connection and a random website. First I thought it was a cyber attack but after I changed the firewall and the ports it happend again.
What I could found what maked me confused is the log-browser "networking.service" and the output of "$ networkctl status".
Today I changed the interfaces like 1&1 manual and did a $ systemctl restart but nothing changed.
Also when we shut down the server the random website is coming up after a few minutes. Not directly after we lost the access but later.
We have no redirect and I also checked all our files for stuff which is related to the wrong website.

Can you help me through these screenshots?

network_interfaces new 31.05.2023.png
This is my current interfaces config.

log Browser - Networking.service 31.05.2023.png

networkctl status - 24.05.2023.png
ip a.png

Back