• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Magento 2 needs MySQL 5.6, can not install ans plesk won't help!

Last edited:
Hello Martijn Kleiboer,

We will check this configuration on our test environment and update you here.
Please do not use MySQL from this repo: https://dev.mysql.com/.
Otherwise your Plesk could be corrupted.

Also, could you provide us with the output of this command # mysql -V ?

Hello,

I want install Magento 2 but i have à problem that my MySQL 5.5 is and i need 5.6.

I have try this:
wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic | sh
yum upgrade mysql

Not working, i have contact plesk and not help my whit this.
Can any one help me?

@Martijn Kleiboer,

You can safely install a (separate) MySQL version 5.6 and attach Magento to that database server.

It even is possible to attach this (external) database server to Plesk, but I would not do that at this moment, first try to have Magento up and running with the separate MySQL 5.6.

By the way, as @danami already pointed out, it should be strongly adviced to use the "normal repos" (as opposed to a third party repo) AND to use "repositories" added to the yum sources list (as opposed to using a wget or curl command).

Regards.....

@ipilipenko
Also, could you provide us with the output of this command # mysql -V ?

mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 5.5.44-MariaDB, For linux (x86_64) sing readline 5.1

Hello, I can provide you with upgrade scenario, but you are doing this on your own risk, as this version is not officially supported by Plesk:

1. Make server backup if possible, or backup all of your MySQL databases.
2. Install Plesk updates using autoinstaller.
3. # yum update
4. Remove mariabd without dependencies:

# rpm -e --nodeps mariadb mariadb-server mariadb-libs

5. Install MySQL community repository:

# rpm -i http://repo.mysql.com/mysql-community-release-el7-5.noarch.rpm

6. Install MySQL 5.6

# yum install mysql-server

# ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/mysqld.service /usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service
# ln -s /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mysqld.service /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mariadb.service
# systemctl daemon-reload

8. # mysql_upgrade -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

@Everyone,

In the steps described by @Alex@Odin, one is replacing the MariaDB server for the MySQL server.

This approach can work, but it is not really "good practice": if any issue arises and/or an error has been made during replacement, it is hard or even impossible to return to MariaDB.

Actually, a more safe procedure would involve

- a "dummy" MySQL server (version 5.6) that replicates the orginal databases in the MariaDB server (i.e. data is mirrored/copied), while keeping MariaDB,
- attachment of Plesk to the "dummy" (i.e. test) MySQL server (version 5.6),
- if succesfully attached and working properly, a simple removal of MariaDB

and this would certainly prevent you to end up in step 7 and not being able to attach the MySQL server, after having deleted the original MariaDB server.

Regards....

@Alex@Odin if i do this than i have problem whit plesk.

I hoop in de future that plesk get it on there update.

I will thanks every one for support en hope that plesk whit a system update.

Back