• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question MAGMA Implementation

Daedalus3

New Pleskian
I know it is very early to expect an definite answer on this (I'm not!), so I'll put it in other words:

Are there any plans to look into supporting Lavabits MAGMA/DIME in Plesk? ;)

Sure, infos can be found at darkmail.info and lavabit.com. Their github website states:

"Internet electronic mail (email) was designed in the early days of the Internet, and so lacks any mechanism to protect the privacy of the sender and addressee. Several techniques have been used in an attempt to increase the privacy of email. These techniques have provided either modest increases in privacy, or have proven to be very difficult to use for most people.

In addition to protection of content, truly private email must limit information disclosed to handling agents, only exposing information necessary for delivery (the metadata), and provide robust identity guarantees which prevent the impersonation of senders.

The Dark Internet Mail Environment (DIME) achieves this level of privacy with core protocols using multiple layers of key management and multiple layers of message encryption. The DIME Protocol Specifications contain the full technical details of the DIME.

The libdime project holds the DIME library and associated command line utilities. This code is developed in conjunction with the magma mail daemon, and is a community effort to develop and maintain a C library for building DIME compatible software, and the standalone utilities to test, debug, and administer a DIME compatible mail service."

MAGMA (Magma) itself is a a fully-featured, commercial-grade email server with support for SMTP, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, and an internal protocol MOLTEN. Support for the DIME ecosystem of advanced encryption protocols is currently in active development.

It would be great if PLESK would support this. I love Plesk for supporting Let's Encrypt and making it so easy for everybody to secure websites. It would be a great step to support the next level of e-mail and its encryption as well (even though it is at its early stages).

Back