• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail and SPAM Issues...

zeroborg

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

i experience some problems with qmail.
Someone found a hole in my server (suse 9.3) and sends thousands of spams...
Does anyone has a script in order to find out where is the problem? (web form? other vulnerability?).
At mail-wide preferences on my server at WHITE-LIST the value is: 127.0.0.0/8
Is this safe? After some search about it, i found out that the correct value there is: 127.0.0.1/32 .... Which one is correct?
I have a lot of different domains/clients on my server, and all of them have web forms and i tried to check all of them, and patch them with "eregi" for avoiding injections). Is this correct?
Does anyone has written a script that runs allways on the server and checks for non-logic email sends?
Is there any configuration for qmail to LIMIT the recipients of a mail?

Thank you.

Zeroborg.

The quote below is the body of a previous post that I saved just in case I needed it. Sounds like it may be what you are looking for. depending on how many domains you have on your server, it may take a while but it is better than not doing anything. I have not tried it myself so I do not know if it works. You may want to test on a known script before you do all of your domains just to see if it works:

You will need to do it for all your domains

In vhost.conf add this:

<Directory /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/DOMAIN/httpdocs>
php_admin_value sendmail_path "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -fXXXX"
</Directory>

Change the path if you are not on FreeBSD.

the XXXX is a unique code - use the domain if you wish thats up to you - but as most spamming is not your own customer i think its best to add this as some random code that means nothing to anyone but yourself

Once that has been done each mail sent by php will have a unique per domain code in the Return-Path: using a tool such as qmHandle to view the mailqueue you can see this return-path and consequently go straight to the hosting account and disable the relevant script

I have a problem where a client has a redirect email ends up in the message queue and stays. It is never delivered. So I have been searching for a solution. As I was searching for the solution, I came upon your post talking about the White List indicating the IP of 127.0.0.0 / 8. As I read through the post you said you found the correct address. Can you tell me where you found this information?

I am new to using Plesk and have had problems galore, but if I can find where the information is maybe I can solve at least one problem and maybe more.

Thank you in advance should you reply to my post.

Back