• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Mail config broken after updating plesk

Michael_G

New Pleskian
I clicked update on the plesk panel web interface and afterwards my SMTP does not work any more. It was only a update of very few components of 11.0.9.

I recognized that at /etc/sasl2 only the file smtpd.conf.rpmsave does exist, but no smtpd.conf. So I suppose something went wrong during the update?

How could I repair that??

Thanks for the hint, but "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam" did not help.

There is still no /etc/sasl2/smtpd.conf and in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog I find
"warning: SASL authentication failure: cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or directory"

So I know something is wrong, but what??

At the moment I am with the stable version 11.0.9 Update #55. Do I need to go for a newer (unstable) release?

arf...i had to switch to qmail cause of unsolved problems with postfix. I can't help you on this hit.

Back