• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk/Something removes all /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/ configs on reboot

kevinjansen

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian
Hello Community,

I have a strange problem.
On each server reboot plesk/something deletes all /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/ symbolic links.
When i boot the server and directly connect to it and go to the folder i can see all the configurations there, but after like 30-45 seconds, they are all getting removed and u need to perform a "plesk repair web" to get them back again. Because we have 900 subscriptions on each server this takes about a good 10-15 minutes.

We have about 45 Plesk servers at this moment, our old servers does not have it, all our new server do.
Whats the different? The old servers are all installed each time we needed a server by hand. Later we created a cloud-init image, installed plesk and all service packs on it.
Runned the command "/usr/local/psa/bin/cloning --update -prepare-public-image true -reset-init-conf false -reset-license true -skip-update false", shutdown the vm template, created the image from it.

Now when we spin up a new server you just boot that image, plesk is allready preinstalled, but requires to setup license key, password and so on. Very handy if u need to deliver many servers in a short period of time.

The only downside is that on all the plesk vm's that used this installation method loses the vhost config files after each reboot. Not sure if its related to cloud-init, the command "

/usr/local/psa/bin/cloning --update -prepare-public-image true -reset-init-conf false -reset-license true -skip-update false" that maybe needs to be different, or anything else.

Did anyone else also had this issue or know where to search what the possible problem can be.

Plesk Obsidian latest release

Back