• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail delivery fails with status deferred

Heppi75

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have moved a Plesk Mail Server with Plesk Migrator to a new hardware. Everything fine, except for two domains. Here I have problems that mails are left in the mailqueue with following error:

Code:
Oct 26 18:15:08 postfix-local[11299]: System error .qmail: No such file or directory
Oct 26 18:15:08 postfix-local[11299]: Wrong permissions for .qmail
Oct 26 18:15:08 postfix/pipe[11293]: 0F66864A30: to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=97843, delays=97839/0.05/0/3.8, dsn=4.2.1, status=deferred (Message can not be delivered at this time )

I tried this solution, but is not working for me. It shows the error again and again und the queue can't be flushed.
Messages sent to the mailbox alias are not delivered: System error .qmail: No such file or directory

Last edited:
I found out, that it happened to mails that have been already in the mailqueue and couldn't be delivered. Each flush results in an error to this alias and a folder with the alias name was created in the domain mailbox directory. There the qmail was missing, because of the alias and it went wrong to deliver. I deleted this mails form the queue and tried with new mails from external and they have been delivered correct. Why this all happend - I have no idea ...

The second I am wondering is that I also had a look in other domain mailboxes. Also there I see old mailbox folders that have been transformed to an alias. I have no problems with this domains, but should plesk repair mail not remove this old folders that are not used anymore. In my previous example I saw what this could cause for problems if such a folder for an alias exists?

Back